Friday, February 6, 2009

I am going to get a new brother!

My Mom and Dad are adopting a little boy that they met in Ukraine when they adopted Dennis. He is so cute! His name is Alexsy. He is almost four years old and has something called spina bifida. I really want to go to Ukraine with my parents and with my little brother Dennis. I want to see where my brothers and sisters came from. But I know that it costs a lot of money for an airplane ticket so I am going to sell bibs to raise the money. Please spread the word about my bibs so that I could help my parents to pay for my ticket.
My Mom thinks that a good donation for a bib is $8. I have all kinds of colors including a pretty multi-colored yarn with brown, beige, and green.







Scarfs take me longer to make so I am selling them for $15. Please email if you would like to buy one.
You can visit my Mom's new blog about Alexsey at http://smilingallthewayback.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Mary said...

Julia - that's a fantastic idea! I'd love to buy a scarf from you. My email address is maryhamiltonfrench (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!

Teri said...

Fantastic idea Julie. I will buy a scarf also. My email address should come with this comment so you can email me your address.

Kristen said...

You're such a smart and amazing young lady! I can't wait to hear all about your fundraising efforts!

yoon see said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yoon see said...

You are so creative, keep up your good work Julia!
You look so pretty and sweet too.
Indeed you are just like your blog name, cute crocheter.

Karen said...

Julia... I am so proud of you for working to earn money to go to Ukraine... this will be a trip of a lifetime. Emily went with us when we went back to Russia to get her brother and sister. It is truly a special time and you will be a big help to mom and dad while you are there!

Emily and I want to buy a scarf for each of us... do you take color orders? Please let Emily know or me on my blog and I will let you know what we want. We will include some extra to cover the shipping!

Blessings~
Karen ( Emily's mom)

Tracy said...

Hi Julia,
What a clever idea, I hope you do really well. Unfortunately I am not in the US otherwise I would definitely buy one of your gorgeous bibs. I will pass the message on to some friends though. Another thoughtfor you, not sure if it would work. My daughter Brenda has been making muffin and selling them in the school tuckshop, she is really doing well. Maybe you can do something like that too! Not sure if it would work for you.

Claretta said...

Hey Julia, do you make wash cloths? My mom got some from my Grandma a little while ago and loves them!! She would so buy some, as there never seem to be enough clean ones around. Oh and what colors are there for the scarves? My sisters really liked the red and white one. Hope you get to go to Ukraine.

Smile,
Kaity

Julie said...

I would like to buy some washcloths - I like them out of synthetic yarn (the cotton seems to shrink up and "stink" quicker). Let me know where to send a check to and I will send you my mailing address!

Emily Ann said...

Hey Julia!!! My Mom would like a multi colored scarf. And I would like one that is green and pink. Please tell us if that is okay for you. Thanks!!!!!

Kristen said...

Hi Julia! I gave you an "award" on my blog...hopefully it brings more people to your blog so you can sell LOTS of bibs!